Sunday, March 14, 2010

Oh, LenNART!

Well, I just got done with a four day group, and now I am in blissful rest for the next few days. :)

Tuesday afternoon, I headed to the city center to pick up his member, Michael Doran. Michael was coming in from Nenagh in Tipperary. It's about three hours away by bus. I've met Michael before. He was in on Jose's first group. He is very independent, and he acquired his intellectual disability from a car crash years ago. I was paired with a woman named Helen, who I've been with before. Helen is also very independent. Most of the week, she spent her time flirting with Lennart. She always gravitates towards one man in the house, and Lennart just so happens to be our only boy right now. It was SO funny to see their interaction! She would constantly say, "Oh, LenNART!" And he would laugh and reply with, "Oh, HelEN!" There was a super awkward moment when she wanted to pose for a picture while kissing him on the cheek. Unfortunately, he's much taller than her and she ended up getting him on the neck! hahaha So even though Helen had very little interest in me, I didn't mind so much. Gillian Groves was in! She is my sunshine. :) Gillian is the one I was paired with before Christmas who constantly sings Neil Diamond with me. When I saw her she gave me a big hug and broke out with, "Money talks, but it can't sing and it can't walk." I was overjoyed!

The four days flew by. We had dinner at the house Tuesday night followed by bowling. Wednesday was so beautiful, so we made a trip down to Glendalough. I'd been there before on a day trip with some members, so I knew to expect a beautiful walk! We had a great time out there in the trails. When we were done with our walk, we stopped at the hotel for some lunch. Later that night, we had a volunteer chef (Patsy) come and make us dinner. Michael really loves to cook and the attention it brings him. He was in the kitchen with Patsy helping him prepare the meal. He kept walking around to everyone telling them that he was Chef Michael Ramsey, Gordon's first cousin. haha

The next day we went shopping in Blanchardstown. It was nice to have some forced alone time with Helen. But at some point she asked if we could go find Lennart. I agreed, hoping we wouldn't find him. I think he needed the break. :P That night we went out to dinner at Oscar Taylors. The meal was very good, but poor Gillian got sick. She and Kate went home and had a rough night. But Gillian was as good as new the next morning. We had Mass with Fr. Pat, who we love. Two in the afternoon came very quickly Friday morning. We all said goodbye, one by one, to our members.

That night we all just hung out here at the house. Lennart borrowed the first season of Damages from the library so we finished it off that night. I spent yesterday catching up on emails and watching insane amounts of The Colbert Report. I really needed a lazy day. :) I went to the village today for Mass and a walk. Now I'm just catching up on a few things. This next week will be insane, but I am very excited for St. Patrick's Day in DUBLIN! A once in a lifetime opportunity for me! :)

I hope you all wear lots of green and drink a Guinness or two in memory of me on Wednesday! ;) Love you,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment