Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Letting go...

Ok, so there really isn't much new to report, but I have a few minutes of down time and I thought I'd write a little bit about my latest life lesson.

But before I do that, I got a cell phone over here and this is the number, including the country code: 353 087 299 3107



A few days ago my batteries in my camera died. So I put them in my charger and a few minutes later the charger light was off. So I thought maybe I had plugged it in wrong. (These damn European outlets are driving me crazy!) So I put the batteries in my camera to see if they had charged at all. Instead of the normal "Low Battery" screen, it was not working at all. So I went to the village yesterday to buy some batteries until I could go into Dublin and get a new charger. Well as it turns out my camera was broken too! So I spent the whole day yesterday very upset about the whole thing. I want to use my money here for traveling, not for a camera that I shouldn't need! I went to the mall today to ask if they could fix it. The fellow behind the counter explained that I probably had a leak in the batteries which killed the charger and then killed my camera! I have such bad luck! How was I supposed to know that that had happened? So all because of a damn battery, I needed to buy a new camera and a new charger. But he showed me some good deals on cameras and they all came with chargers. I found a good one that wasn't too expensive (although everything in Ireland is expensive...) and I got it. After I got it I felt so much better that it was taken care of. And then I realized how ridiculous it was for me to be so upset over something so material. I think maybe I needed a little lesson in letting go and accepting what life throws at me, especially while I'm over here in a different country. So there is my silly little story that most of you probably won't be interested in! haha I now have a camera and I will be taking pictures like crazy! I think I will definitely learn a lot this year...

2 comments:

  1. Is it an irish camera? does it take pictures in the shape of a four-leaf clover?

    i have been keeping up with your posts. sounds pretty awesome so far. I'm glad that your getting so many different experiences in the same trip, with friendship, charity, and site seeing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how did I not think of it? I've got a british 220 to 110 1000 watt converter (basically it means you can plug in almost anything american to it [just don't go over a thousand watts, so no dishwashers or refridgerators over three feet tall] and it will step the power down to the right level). If you want it, hit me up on facebook or email and I'll send it to you.

    ReplyDelete