Monday, May 4, 2009

Packing

Hey all,

I just thought I'd take a few minutes on my break from packing to write a little bit. I am almost done, which is really relieving. This week has been much harder than I expected. I'm not very good with goodbyes. I mostly just act like nothings wrong, but then end up feeling really sad after each goodbye. I think it would have been different if I was leaving Portland because I was unhappy here. But I truly have loved living here, in spite of all the ups and downs that have been included. I have made a life for myself up here with several groups of friends that have been a big part of my life. I have also grown up so much and have become so much more independent than I was before. Part of me worries about being able to keep in touch with everyone. I know that once I'm in Ireland I will be so busy with meeting new people, adjusting to living in a house full of people, not to mention living in a new country, and all of the training that I will be doing as soon as I get there. But I'm sure that once things settle down, I'll be able to get in touch with people.

I find myself saying things like "You guys won't even know I'm gone." or "It's only a year! I'll be home before you know it!" But saying that kind of pushes back my actual feelings, and it makes it seem like I don't want to at all. But I really do want to go. My heart is filled with such joy and happiness. This is God's plan for me. Even if I go and come back in a few months, I know that this is His Will for my life. So I will let myself be sad this week, and then I will work towards moving past that and preparing for this amazing journey ahead.

Well...I guess my room isn't going to clean itself! I better get back to packing.

Please pray for me that I will enjoy my time here that I have left and have a safe trip over there!

Love,
Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment